THE SCENARIO SEQUENCE
Enterprise software projects typically play out in one of the four scenarios depicted on the curved line in the graph below.
Speak to us about how we can help you ensure that your project is effective in delivering both great returns on the investment and enhanced competitiveness.
The project team claims efficiency by performing against time and budget criteria. Changes were probably within palatable boundaries. The initial scope was doubtlessly reduced at some point to accommodate time and budget constraints. There is no recognizable improvement in the business to the extent that you might as well not have done the project. Meetings are strained and the future is filled with hard work to implement the next phases in attempts to get some business value from the investment.
The project reaches a Point of No Return at which juncture going back to the previous system will be more painful and expensive than making available additional funding to just get the project done. Senior people end up resigning. Excessively long working days, accountability shifting and defensive posturing are the order of the day. The company loses competitive positioning and there is a very long road ahead to rebuild lost opportunity.
A project is effective when the business experiences returns that far outweigh the enterprise software projects investment, Improved competitiveness, limitations in the business have been diminished. All stakeholders in the business are embracing the way ahead and the Future is exciting.
The Project is cancelled and legal options are explored. Money, time, business opportunity and valuable staff are wasted and broken. In an absolute worst case, the company suffers irreparable destruction of its competitive positioning.
To invest is to allocate money, or another resource, such as time, in the expectation of some benefit in the future. In finance, the expected future benefit from investment is a return. Wikipedia
In business, cost is usually a monetary valuation of either effort, material, resources, time or utilities consumed, risks incurred, and opportunity forgone in the production and delivery of a good or service. (www.businessdictionary.com)
- Competitiveness Destruction
The company is less able to compete effectively in its chosen market. It loses market share and cost of doing business increases. In a worst case scenario, the company closes down.
- Competitiveness enhancement
Enhanced competitive advantage is the ability to stay ahead of present or potential competition.
SERVICES & SOLUTIONS
Talk to us about your business, we will tell you how we can add value
In today’s interconnected world the rapidness by which you learn, make and implement decisions sets you apart from the competition.
It all starts with turning data into actionable information.
Onpro Consulting leverages the Microsoft Cortana Intelligence suite on Microsoft Azure to deliver class leading analytics solutions for our clients.
Some of the important benefits of our solutions include:
- State-of-the-art machine learning algorithms allow us to produce insights into probable future scenarios.
- We enhance your decision-making processes through proactive alerting and analytical advice on actions to be taken dependent on the probable future scenarios.
- We help you to simplify and automate certain decisions when dealing with complex problems that involve multiple variables that may change in real time.
- Get started quickly by building on top of industry-specific solutions or by customising machine learning models, APIs, and templates.
- Connect to and extract value from structured and unstructured data of any variety and velocity, from both cloud and on-premises databases.
- The secure cloud platform with encrypted communications, threat management, mitigation practices, and regular penetration testing keeps your and your customers’ data safe and secure.
- Elastically scale to petabytes of data as your business needs grow over time, while keeping the flexibility and choice to manage multiple data repositories in the cloud
ONPRO BUSINESS CONSULTING SERVICES
Our team has Led and Managed Strategic Business and Enterprise Level IT projects for the best part of the past 25 years. We share a passion for focussing on the BUSINESS PURPOSE of our projects.
Our mission is to challenge conventional wisdom in how ERP and Enterprise Software moves away from mere software implementations towards enhancing the competitiveness of our clients.
Our Approach to people development
Through the Holistic Development Programme, our team members are developed to maximise their potential throughout their careers, so as to provide excellent service to our clients. Our clients benefit because they know the Onpro Consulting team working in their environment has good business acumen, the soft skills necessary to engage positively with their customers and employees and the technical expertise required to deliver work of high quality.