The ONPRO Airport Billing System is a cloud-based solution which optimises the end to end billing cycle for airports. The solution takes care of the necessary billing rules and fee calculations for various scenarios, such as pricing for domestic vs international flights, scheduled vs unscheduled, aircraft type and so on. The solution delivers the following key business benefits.
- The solution is available as a cloud based solution or for installation on premises.
- Enable an efficient airport billing process to drive revenue assurance and deliver on cash flow targets.
- Reduce the need for manual and physical capture of billing events.
- Provide a stable system, which minimises the risk of business impact in the event of system outage.
- Automate process steps, removing the need for low value, repetitive process steps executed upon by administrative staff.
- Enable the full auditability of the billing process, from billing event to invoice.
- Business rules are housed within the system.
HOW IT WORKS
Onpro Airport Billing System is implemented as follows:
- Air Traffic Control captures relevant flight-based billing events and submits to the airport. This includes approach events, landing, take off, over flight etc.
- Apron and ground staff capture ground billing events via an electronic form on a mobile device such as a tablet.
- The electronic billing form is digitally signed in acceptance of airport services by the appropriate aircraft representative (e.g. pilot or airline rep) on the apron, a copy of the form is stored within a database.
- Air Traffic Control data is automatically imported into the billing database and combined with the billing information from the apron and ground staff to produce billing details for each unique flight (based on aircraft tail number or flight number and date and time.)
- Built in machine learning and pattern recognition will identify and flag obvious data anomalies such as number of passengers and kilograms of fuel, date/time anomalies such as the same tail number landing twice within a short space of time, without a departure event.
- Allow authorised users to review billing details and possibly edit prior to finalising and sending to the airport accounting system for invoicing.
- The billing detail is automatically sent to the airport accounting system, against which an invoice is produced and sent to the aircraft operator or owner.
- In addition to a selection of standard reports, custom reports can be easily generated for operational planning purposes.
The solution employs the following technologies:
- Billing event capture
- Air Traffic captures tower billing events, such as take-off, landing and fly-over, which is submitted to the Airport Management company, typically using a data file.
- Apron and other ground staff use a mobile device to capture ground billing events into electronic forms. This removes the dependence on physical forms.
- The electronic forms are dynamic and provides auto-complete and list selection functionality, which minimises guess work and finger errors.
- Digital signature pad – Facilitates digital sign-off on apron services rendered, by the aircraft personal at the apron.
- Data Integration and billing detail construction
- Latest versions of Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is used for both inbound data from third parties and to integrate with the accounting system for invoicing.
- A copy of the original Air Traffic or other third-party provider file is also stored in the database for record keeping and audit purposes.
- The electronic form used by apron or other ground staff is stored in the database, along with the digital signature of the authorised aircraft representative, for record keeping and audit purposes.
- The data from both the Air Traffic, apron and ground staff inputs, are then combined into a billing detail staging environment, and the fee calculations are executed. The result can then be reviewed and enhanced by authorised airport management staff as needed e.g. Air Traffic might have erroneously captured a flight origin detail.
- The billing detail is then pushed into accounting system for invoicing and is locked down for auditing purposes.
- BI & Reporting
- Microsoft Power BI – Dynamic, custom reports are built using Power BI.
- Power BI is a powerful, yet easy to use reporting and data visualisation tool, which business & technical users alike can quickly and effortlessly build live, custom reports.
- Reports can be accessed by authorised users via most devices, either through the device browser or the platform specific Power BI application interface.
- As an alternative, SQL Server Reporting Services may be used for basic reporting requirements – this will be determined once reporting requirements have been clearly outlined.
- The solution will be protected using various security and redundancy controls. User security will be integrated with the existing identity and access management system, such as Microsoft Active Directory.
- Data in transit and at rest will be protected using encryption mechanisms, such as TLS.
- High availability and disaster recovery will be implemented in line with business requirements and existing controls, e.g. dual live sites, load balancing and back-ups.
- A robust & dependable solution, with zero to minimal customisation.
- Easy to use, with no user input guess work and zero to minimal manual entry.
- Apron data entry – driven by auto-populated fields or drop-down selection e.g. Aircraft weight auto-populates once the aircraft model is selected/inputted.
- Security, auditability and data privacy is inherent.
- The user interface is highly responsive and dynamic.
- Leverage existing technology investments as far as possible.
For more information, please contact us on
|Onpro Consulting SA
2nd Floor, West Tower, Nelson Mandela Square
Maude Street, Sandton
+27 11 881 5855
|Onpro Consulting UK
4200 Waterside Centre, Solihull Parkway
Birmingham Business Park, B37 7YN
+44 121 728 6431